Eegads! Cornfed Feminist nominated me for a blog award! Suh weeet! In the two weeks that I have entered this fertility blog existence as a mere zygote newly impanted, Cornfed’s wisdom and at times raunchy wit has made me feel completely at home in this new blog uterus of mine. She is a funny gal, and I look forward to future posts of hers. Thank you, Cornfed.
Similar to the Liebster Blog Award, certain rules also apply in receiving this TMAY award:
- Thank the person who passed the award on to you. (Check!)
- List 7 things that people may not know about you.
- Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don’t forget to notify them as well. I, like Cornfed Feminist, will list the bloggers I wish to know more about, but I have 2 finals to study for this weekend (blech) so I leave it to them to find this post and re-post. I’m also really new to blogging, and don’t know if I follow 15 yet. I’ll see how far I get.
And now, on to me…Me…ME!!!!
1. I am a worrier. I worry about everything. Seriously. I’m worried right now that you’re bored of reading about me worrying. An early memory of worrying was me sitting my mother down for a heart to heart talk when I was 12 years old. I hadn’t gotten my period yet (haha–story of my freaking life) All my friends had already gotten theirs, so I filled Mom in about some research I’d done on me possibly being a hermaphrodite. I legitimately was worried my balls hadn’t dropped yet. This research I did was done pre-internet, so I had to go to the library after school and look up hermaphrodite-ism in an actual medical book.
2. I have low self esteem even though on the outside, I project an image of put-togetherness, confidence and success. It’s something I’m working on, but it has hindered me from really taking my creative pursuits to the next level.
3. My little sister and I shared a room until I was 15 and she was 13. My parents finally converted the den to my room after we came to blows over who Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam would actually go out with–me or her (um, me, of course. Duh.)
4. When I was 21 years old, right after college graduation, I backpacked through Europe on my own for nearly 3 months. Don’t give me too much credit for being “strong and independent”–this was not the original plan. I had anticipated going with my then-college boyfriend who was too chicken shit to break up with me, so instead….he told me that he would rather go with his brother and maybe meet up with me along the way (aka–bang as many European/Australian travelers as possible without me around). I embarked on the trip alone, and had the most exhilarating experience of my life. I did end up meeting up with now-ex-boyfriend for a couple of weeks in Italy (Please see #2 for the reason why), but ended up finding my voice (finally) and ditched him in Venice like some sad, non-best selling version of Eat, Pray Love. I walked to the train station alone at 4AM in Venice and was flashed by a man in a trench coat. Wish I was kidding about that.
5. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to work in the field of women’s health. I currently work in the Entertainment Biz, and have been for nearly 10 years because I fell into a career path and was too chicken shit to leave. Not so anymore, blog friends (amazing what turning 3o will do). This year, I began taking night classes on the sly: Physiology, Anatomy, Nutrition. I’m hoping to start a nursing program in 2013, and work in women’s health by the time I’m 35.
6. Favorite beer is Shocktop. So light, crisp and orangey. Favorite hard liquor is vodka + any reasonable mixer. I have been seriously limiting how much I drink now (no more than 1 drink per week, if that) because of the whole PCOS thing. This has led me to two conclusions: #1: Drinking is fun. #2: I’m socially awkward without alcohol. After one holiday party and a birthday party this weekend sans alcohol (yes, I’m a glutton for punishment), I’m quite close to chugging some Jim Beam before the next holiday event I go.
7. Mango is my favorite fruit.
Here are a few bloggers I want to know more about:
Detour at Detour To Motherhood
Her Royal Fabulousness at Waiting for Little Feet
Nan at The PCOS Factor
AP at My Dusty Uterus
Journey to the Finish Line
ADS @ Miss COnception