I realize I haven’t been a good blog tender the last week. This is in part due to the fact that my ovaries are currently in medically induced shut down mode right now due to the pill and partly because I have been sick as a freaking dog the last week. Not just your run of the mill sort of cough sneeze and be done with it sort of “sick”, either. We’re talking fevers, chills, hacking up of viscous fluids and evoking the voice of Bea Arthur kind of sick. I felt like I was coming down with something right before I left for Santa Cruz, and once I came back 4 days later, it was shitsville. The antibiotics are doing virtually nothing for the cough, but at least I lost a couple of pounds (take THAT weight loss challenge!) and I’m not shivering under covers anymore. Grandma Sunny brought over home made chicken soup yesterday, and Hubs has been making Gatorade pit stops for me, along with wincing every time I have a really good hack and saying, “Hmmm….that really doesn’t sound good…”. He has also become an excellent Lysol spritzer.
In a few days, I hit it to the right coast for Hub’s sister’s wedding, and about 10 days of R&R in Boston and New Hampshire. I am praying the cough subsides soon. This is really freaking annoying.
And now, because I’m sick and lazy, here are some life bullet points to jazz you up on this fine Tuesday:
- It’s been in the triple digits here in the San Fernando Valley and our home doesn’t have AC (we bought the home knowing that it needed to be fixed, and haven’t wanted to put the 5K into doing it) so I get to hack up my lungs in a pool of my own sweat which is amazing. Really magical.
- I bought a professional wax warmer and honey wax and waxed my own upper lip yesterday! Not only is my upper lip as smooth as a baby’s ass, I saved $10 or so on a salon wax, which means I only have a about 4 waxes to go before the thing pays for itself. If PCOS is going to make me sprout facial hair, at least I’ll be economical about it. I’m so excited about how easy it was to use this waxing kit that I’m thinking of waxing my legs now.
- In a “kill two birds with one waxing kit” move, I attempted to wax Hubs’ back for shits and giggles. It was less about shitting and giggling and was more like “holy fucks” and blood curdling screams. Hubs has never been waxed before, so it’s hard to tell if it was more painful than your run of the mill lip wax or if he was being overly dramatic, but let’s just say he got through two medium sized strips on his back and then said, “You’re never touching me with that fucking thing again.” Is it wrong that I was laughing silently and hysterically behind his back as he was screaming after I ripped the first strip off?
- I’m getting “pill boobs” again. This happens every time I get on the pill, no matter what brand (I think because of the progesterone in the pill?) Basically, my boobs get GINORMOUS overnight. Back in 1863 when I used to ovulate on my own, my boobs would also get huge and tender right before my period. I must admit, I sort of like this side effect of progesterone.
- I finish my 3 weeks of active pills on Saturday, and then once my period starts, I jump into 50mg of Clomid. My prescription for Clomid says to take the pills Days 3-7, but I have also heard of people doing Days 5-9. Has anyone heard of why this is the case? Anyone had better luck ovulating on one start day vs the other? Does it matter?
- I bought self tanner, and damn it, I’m going to use it.