I am working on my plan of attack this week. Yes, yes, I know that Bagel will come when she’s ready, and that I logically have no real control over this situation, but when I start to see shit veering towards the proverbial “fan” of a Pitocin induction, I’d like to feel like I have done everything humanly possible to prevent it. If, at the end of 41 weeks, Bagel hasn’t arrived, well, I’ll have another plan of attack for how to best approach that. But for now, Operation Get Bagel’s Head To Engage My Cervix is in full effect.
First up on the plan: fuck work. My boss has already given me the go ahead to work from home this week, and I am taking her up on this offer. I will do my best to get work done remotely, but I also want to be able to focus a bit more attention on getting Bagel in a proper position on my cervix. I somehow fear that my constant sitting/bad posture at work has not been helping progress things.
My doula gave me the following tips which I’m going to implement this week:
- Brisk walking and stairs. Goal is to do a 2 mile walk in the mornings, and potentially another 2 mile walk in the evenings.
- Evening Primrose oil: 2 500mg capsules in the morning, and 2-3 punctured and inserted vaginally at night.
- Squats: 20 reps, once in the morning, once at night. These supposedly open the pelvis and get Bagel sittin pretty on my cervix.
- Labor ball any time I’m watching TV. No more couch slumping!
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea: 3-4 cups per day
- Sex: Assuming I feel all right from my yeast infection, I will attempt sex, but I also want to be cautious I’m not re-triggering symptoms.
Elle from Cotton Bottom Mama gave some great advice in the comment thread last post which I’m really taking to heart which is to let go of my baggage about my mom’s overdue birth, or others’ birth stories. There’s nothing written that says that I will have the same experience, and I think this is really important to keep in mind. I feel like I have been psyching myself up for an overdue labor this entire pregnancy based on the fact that my mom went late. I am not my mother!! (well, at least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself…)