It’s official: 2 day weekends are not enough. I’m headed into today feeling like I could use more of everything (sleep, time to clean, organize, prep the baby’s room…) Every weekend I get about 80% of what I need to get done, done, and then it all unravels during the week and I have to repeat the cycle. This weekend, along with going into a cleaning frenzy yesterday and shopping for a baby shower dress with my mom (the dresses all looked like mumu’s on me, in case you’re wondering…) we had a yard sale (sold $440 of useless crap! Score!), and bought a car (2103 Ford Fusion Hybrid–47MPG–sweet!). The Fusion is not the most baby-friendly model in terms of space, but both Hubs and I are very very pro-hybrid technology, and want to support it. The Fusion, while not exactly “cheap”, was within our budget, and looks awesome. So I don’t have the trunk space of an SUV…it’s enough to get my bulky jogger in there if need be, and we’ll make due.
The dress I settled on looks sort of like this, only in blue, with shorter sleeves (I couldn’t find the exact model online):
And anyone who actually looks like this model while 7 months pregnant can bite me.
I have been putting on weight in the arm area, so sleeveless tops accentuate my new slabs of meat which is AWESOME when you’re having a summer baby, and the only dresses available are these flowing sleeveless ones. Although my butt is, oh, about 12 times bigger than the model’s, I’m pretty much a big ball of belly this pregnancy, so tighter more form-fitting dresses actually look more flattering around my bump than the tent dresses which hang awkwardly around my midsection and then plummet off my belly.
Our car looks like this:
It is prettier than my dress.
After a full day of yard sale and car negotiations on Saturday, I looked like this:
And on Sunday, I woke up, and I was 28 weeks pregnant. Crazy. I haven’t been bullet pointing symptoms at all during this pregnancy, but since I’ve officially hit the third trimester maybe I’ll throw in a bullet point or two:
- Belly: Is getting large, but still no stretch marks. Don’t worry–I’m totally expecting that they may show up towards the end, or after I deflate. That being said, I don’t care if the collective interwebs say that body butter doesn’t work and that stretch marks are inherited: I am slathering that shit on twice a day like butter on a Thanksgiving turkey. I use Mama Mio oil and body butter (in that order). Both smell great, and although they aren’t cheap, one bottle and one tub of the stuff has lasted me through two trimesters.
- Swelling: None so far. I’m eagerly awaiting the cankles I know I’ll get in about 4 weeks. Wedding rings are still on, and face hasn’t puffed out too badly.
- Boobs: No lactating/leaking as of yet, but I’m up from a 34C to a 38D. Eek. I have PCOS, so it has been in the back of my mind that my hormonal imbalances may lead to difficulties breastfeeding down the line. Any advice from other PCOS-ers would be helpful…
- Weight gain: 21 pounds as of Friday’s doctor visit. I’m tracking pretty well and trying not to sweat the fact that my love handles and ass cheeks are bulging around my underware. I’ve been too proud to buy new undies, but may have to in a couple of weeks.
- Energy: The last two weeks I have felt it wane. I absolutely need a nap on weekends, and I hav been sneaking to my car sometimes at lunch during the work week to take a 20 minute nap.
- Baby moves: all the time. I have become aware of her patterns: She likes to pummel me at pretty predictable 3 hour intervals. 4:30AM-6:30 is big for her. She’s sleeping now (at 8AM). Her other big moments are around 2-4PM and 8-10PM. I find myself musing whether or not she will keep that pattern when she’s born.
- Sexin with Hubs: Has been fairly non existent. My lack of libido has not improved over the last couple of weeks. I don’t want to beat myself up over it, but it’s been frustrating. My body just doesn’t feel like itself.
- Cravings: chopped liver (there’s mixed reviews on whether liver is safe. From what I can tell, you shouldn’t eat too much due to the excess Vitamin A, but it has nothing to do with it being uncooked or anything), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and a juice drink I get from Whole Foods which I NEVER would have thought I’d love: spinach, cucumber, ginger, kale, celery, lemon, lime, and apples. I also ate deli meat a couple of days ago without realizing. I freaked out a bit, but Bagel seems fine.